Mom’s Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
For anyone who hasn’t been fortunate enough to experience it themselves, you should take my word for it that anything that comes out of my mama’s kitchen is going to be delicious. This one is my brother’s favorite!
I’m making it today because I’ve been unofficially deemed the office baker, and tomorrow will be one of my good friend’s last day at work. Congrats on the new job, Jon! Hope everyone enjoys the cheesecake!
It is a fairly easy recipe that doesn’t take too much time either.
- 3 pkgs. cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (one 12 oz. pkg.)
- 1 extra-serving-size graham cracker crust (9 oz)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream (may substitute milk)
1. Heat oven to 450° F.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips; pour into crust.
3. Bake 10 minutes. Without opening the oven door, reduce temperature to 250°F; continue baking 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
4. Place remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 20 – 30 seconds or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly; spread over top of cheesecake. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until topping is set.
5. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
As I said, it is really pretty simple, and definitely delicious. I’d love to hear about any other cheesecake recipes you love!